SRSMUTT has posted the pictures of Shri Sushameendra Teerthara Aradhana Mahotsava. Please have a look. Link below.
This time during my visit to Bangalore, I had the opportunity once again to visit the very famous Kamadenu Kshethra. My parents, husband, brother-in-law Ramesh and his wife Vasanthi (related to the founder of Kamadenu Kshethra) and their daughter Arpitha accompanied me. I was personally asked to visit Kamadenu Kshethra by the Founder Sree. Gurusesh Guru.
The founder Sree. Gurusesh Guru has sent me some details about the upcoming 48 Days Historic Yagna Mahotsava @ Kamadenu Kshethra being conducted from 5.6.2014 – 27.7.2014. Please visit Kamadenu Kshethra and get the blessings of our beloved Rayaru.
Attached below are the brochure for the program details in Kannada and English.
The Devotees can also contribute their donations for SEVAS through fund transfer to the below mentioned account
Bank Name INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK
Branch Code 2309
Name of the Account SRI GURURAGHAVENDRA SEVASHRAMA (R)
IFS Code IOBA0002309
Account no 230901000001200
We had brought Bitter Gourd – Hagalakayi last week during our regular visit to the Indian Store. As always, I prepared
ಹಾಗಲಕಾಯಿ ಗೊಜ್ಜು – Bitter Gourd Gojju ( Not prepared during festivals).
I also decided to do a small experiment and prepare Bitter Gourd Fritters – Hagalakayi Bajji, as I had eaten these when I was in Dubai. It was tasty, bitter and yummy. So, enjoy the recipe for Bitter Gourd Fritters – Hagalakayi Bajji. I prepared simple Tomato Saaru -Rasam and this went well with it. Yummy Yum.
- 2 tsp Rice flour
- 2 tsp Gram flour
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- Pinch of Hing
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1 Bitter Gourd
- Wash and slice the bitter gourd into thin slices. See image above.
- To this slices, mix all the ingredients except for oil.
- Mix well with just a few drops of water.
- It has to stick to the bitter gourd.
- Heat oil, and on low heat fry these slices on low flame.
- These will turn crunchy.
- Serve with your favorite Rice and Saaru.
An email received by my Husband for the upcoming Eclipse from Sri Krishna Vrundavana Toronto. All credit goes to the temple, I am just quoting the email as is.
The most auspicious ‘ ChandraGrahana’ ( Lunar Eclipse) will take place on this Monday, April 14th at mid-night.
Lunar eclipse on midnight of Monday, April 14th (AM of April 15th)
|Sparsha ( Begins)||Madhya ( Greatest)||Moksha (Ends)|
|01:58 AM||03:45 AM||05:33 AM|
|12:58 AM||03:45 AM||04:33 AM|
|10:58 PM||12:45 AM||02:33 AM|
|10:58 PM||12:45 AM||02:33 AM|
|Begins at moon Rise – 6:28 PM||08:33 PM|
Not visible in India, UK, Europe, Gulf Counties …………..
- This Lunar eclipse is called as most auspicious (ChudamaniGrahana) as it’s occurs on a Monday.
- The eclipse time is called as ‘ Punya Kala’ ( most sacred time)
What to do (As per our ancient scriptures)
- Snaana (Bath) is suggested for all, after the beginning (01:58am EST) and after the end (05:33am EST) of this Chandra GrahaNa.
- Fasting is insisted by our scriptures for ‘this eclipse’ starting from 8:00pmEST.
- Small kids, sick and very seniors – from 10:30pm
- Fasting has to be continued until the completion of morning prayers on April 15th
- Any ‘daana’ or ‘Punya – Karma’ done with full faith in this period yields immense ‘Phala’
- We may keep the ‘Daana’ article/ money in front of God at our home and donate the same to a priest or Temple later at our convenience.
- ‘Eclipse time’ is considered as most ‘fruitful’ time for any Japa, Parayana and Tarpana.
- We have to wash the clothes, etc touched/used through the ellipse. (wash- at the end of this eclipse but before the Snaana )
- Due to this eclipse, Monday April 14th is not considered as a good day to have any event.
- PoornimaSathyanarayana has to be performed on previous day or next day.
- Solar Yugadi ( Vishu – Tulu, and Malayalam) has to be observed on Tuesday, April 15th
Not to do
- Do not keep any food (except milk / yogurt) through the ellipse.
- Do not sleep, eat, drink, and use restrooms during the eclipse. (Excluding babies, very sick…..)
GrahaNaDosha (astrological effect of the eclipse)
- This eclipse will take place in ‘ChitraNakshatra’ – ‘KanyaRashi’
- It will also affect following Rashi-s :Simha, Kanya, Dhanu and Mesha.
- People who born in above rashi-s and lives in eclipse visible area are required to do remedies.
- GrahanaDosha is just indicating the ‘karma’ of our previous lives and insisting us to do more Punya to avoid its negative effect. So no fear.
- Let’s take this opportunity to do more Sat-karma , please Almighty and be happy J
DoshaParihaara (Remedies) (During or after (any day) the Grahana)
- Chanting Vishnu SahasraNama , Rudra and Vayustuti
- Chanting the Prayers on Narasimha, Shiva, Ganesha and Navagraha
- Daana of Rice or Sesame oil or Horse gram to a Vedic priest
- Rudraabhisheka , Navagraha / MrutyunjayaHoma
- Shiva Panchakshari / Narasimha Mantra Japa
For more details please contact temple via email or the phone numbers listed below.
In the service of the Lord and His Holiness,
Shankar Narayana Bhat(Priest) 781 Warden avenue, Scarborough, ON, M1L 4C2 Canada Phone:(905) 487-6137 / (416) 548-4138 Cell: (289) 500-7292 Web: http://www.srikrishnabrundavana.org/ Email: email@example.com
Mr. Lakshman contributed the song in English, and I used Baraha to convert in Kannada. Amazing lyrics, Thanks Lakshman.
bAro manege gOvinda. rAgA: madhyamAvati. aTa tALA. Shripadaraya.
P: bAro manege gOvinda ninnanghri kamalava tOrO enage mukunda
nalidADu manadali mArapita Ananda nandana kanda
A: cArutara sharIra karuNA vArinidhi bhavaghOra nAshana
vArijAsana vandya nIraja sArasadguNa hE ramApatE
C1: nODO dayadindenna karapaduma shiradali nIDO bhaktaprasanna nalidADo manadali
bEDikombeno ninna Ananda ghanna mADadiru anumAnava koNDADuvenu tava pAda mahimegaLanu
jODisuve karagaLanu caraNake kUDiso tava dAsajanaroLu
2:hEsi viShayagaLalli toLalyADi nA balu klEsha paDuvudu balli ghanayuvatiyara sukha
lEsu embudanu kolli Ase biDisilli Esu janumada dOSadindali
Isuvenu idaroLage indige mOsavAyitu AdudAgali shrIsha nI kaipiDidu rakSisu
3: nIne gatiyenagindu uddhariso bEgane dInajanarige bandhu nA ninna sEvaka
shrInivaasa endendu kAruNyasindhu prANapati hrudayAbjamaNTapa
sthAnadoLagabhi vyApta cinmaya dhyAna gOcaranAgi kaNNige kANisuve shrIrangaviThala
ರಚನೆ: ಶ್ರೀ ಶ್ರೀಪಾದರಾಜರು
ರಾಗ: ಮಧ್ಯಮಾವತಿ (ಸಾರಂಗ)
ತಾಳ: ಆಟ (ದೀಪಚಂದಿ)
ಬಾರೊ ಮನೆಗೆ ಗೋವಿಂದ – ನಿನ್ನಂಘ್ರಿಕಮಲವ |
ತೋರೊ ಎನಗೆ ಮುಕುಂದ ನಲಿದಾಡು ಮನದಲಿ ||
ಮಾರಪಿತ ಆನಂದ ನಂದನ – ಕಂದ ||ಪ||
ಚಾರುತರ ಶರೀರ ಕರುಣಾ – |
ವಾರಿನಿಧಿ ಭವಘೋರನಾಶನ ||
ವಾರಿಜಾಸನವಂದ್ಯ ನಿರಜ |
ಸಾರಸದ್ಗುಣ ಹೇ ರಮಾಪತೇ ||ಅ ಪ||
ನೋಡೋ ದಯದಿಂದೆನ್ನ – ಕರಪದುಮ ಶಿರದಲಿ |
ನೀಡೋ ಭಕ್ತಪ್ರಸನ್ನ ನಲಿದಾಡೊ ಮನದಲಿ |
ಬೇಡಿಕೊಂಬೆನೊ ನಿನ್ನ ಆನಂದ ಘನ್ನ |
ಮಾಡದಿರು ಅನುಮಾನವ – ಕೊಂ – ||
ಡಾಡುವೆನು ತವ ಪಾದಮಹಿಮೆಗಳನು |
ಜೋಡಿಸುವೆ ಕರಗಳನು ಚರಣಕೆ||
ಕೂಡಿಸೊ ತವ ದಾಸಜನರೊಳು ||೧||
ಹೇಸಿ ವಿಷಯಗಳಲ್ಲಿ – ತೊಳಲ್ಯಾಡಿ ನಾ ಬಲು |
ಕ್ಲೇಶ ಪಡುವುದು ಬಲ್ಲಿ ಘನಯುವತಿಯರ ಸುಖ ||
ಲೇಸು ಎಂಬುದನು ಕೊಲ್ಲಿ ಆಸೆ ಬಿಡಿಸಿಲ್ಲಿ |
ಏಸು ಜನುಮದ ದೋಷದಿಂದಲಿ |
ಈಸುವೆನು ಇದರೊಳಗೆ ಇಂದಿಗೆ ||
ಮೋಸವಾಯಿತು ಆದುದಾಗಲಿ |
ಶ್ರೀಶ ನೀ ಕೈಪಿಡಿದು ರಕ್ಷಿಸು ||೨||
ನೀನೆ ಗತಿಯೆನಗಿಂದು – ಉದ್ಧರಿಸೊ ಬೇಗನೆ |
ದೀನಜನರಿಗೆ ಬಂಧು – ನಾ ನಿನ್ನ ಸೇವಕ |
ಶ್ರೀನಿವಾಸ ಎಂದೆಂದು – ಕಾರುಣ್ಯಸಿಂಧು |
ಪ್ರಾಣಪತಿ ಹೃದಯಾಬ್ಜಮಂಟಪ ||
ಸ್ಥಾನದೊಳಗಭಿವ್ಯಾಪ್ತ ಚಿನ್ಮಯ |
ಧ್ಯಾನಗೋಚರನಾಗಿ ಕಣ್ಣಿಗೆ ||
ಕಾಣಿಸುವೆ ಶ್ರೀರಂಗವಿಠಲ ||೩||
As I mentioned in my previous post, My Husband and I visited Bangalore, India for his Nephews marriage. During the Devera Samaradhane pooje, the typical Madhwa Recipes were prepared. That’s when I asked my Husband to record the recipe for Sandige Huli, which was so yummy. So, attached below is the recipe from the Cook called Mr. Balakrishna Bhatt.
Enjoy, will post the recipe as well soon.
Last month, my Husband and I visited India to attend his Nephew’s marriage. We left USA on March 9th, making sure we finished our Beloved Rayaru’s b-day celebration. We landed early morning on March 11th. My Husband had decided that he would take me to Tirupathi at any cost.
The marriage was on March 18th, 19th and 20th. On Thursday March 20th evening, we left to Tirupathi by the ITDC bus. We took the bus around 9.00 PM at Jaynagar 4th block. The bus took us to Majestic, and we had to change bus. The Luxury bus was jam packed. It reached Tirupathi at 3.00 AM on Friday morning. They have rooms reserved for each family, and we were given an hour to take shower and get ready. The cost was Rs1800/ for each one of us.
We were later taken to the Padmavathi Temple at 4.00 AM. This is the only place we had to take a ticket for Rs.25/. There wasn’t any queue here, and we came back to the Hotel at 5.30 AM. We were taken to a dinning hall and given breakfast which included Idli, Dosa, Pongal, And Kesaribath.
We were taken to Tirumala using the TTD buses. There is lot of security. We were on top of the hills in Tirumala by 7.00 AM. The ITDC guide helps everyone put away their shoes, and also valuables. We were first taken to the Sree Varaha Swamy Temple. We were in the Queue for about 30 minutes, and once the darshan was over, we were asked to wait in Queue near the Rs.300/ door. There were many people waiting here for the door’s to open. The ITDC guide gives the ticket for everyone.The ITDC also collects all the Ladoos, and if you pay extra buys additional Ladoos as well.
Once the door opens the madness begins. The crowd for no reason goes crazy, and people were pushing, jumping on barriers. It is mind boggling, and I am scared of crowds and in general when people push. My Husband was trying to shield me as much as possible. Within 45 minutes of this maddening crowd, we were in front of Our Lord Venkateshwara. I couldn’t believe I was seeing the Lord. My Husband being very tall could see the Lord from a long Distance. I could see him only when I came in the front. And as I was trying to see him, the volunteers hold your arm and just push you out of sight.
Within seconds I was out of the temple, and even though I could see the Lord, was very very disappointed. I couldn’t imagine all the trouble we had taken, were over and we couldn’t even see him for a few seconds. It was Friday, and exam week in India. There wasn’t much crowd either. So, why were these volunteers pushing us around. I guess that’s how TTD temple is, right?
Anyway, I was lucky to see him at least for a few seconds during this visit. Not complaining there.
By 11.30 AM everyone had their Darshan, we were brought back down to Tirupathi, had lunch which again was arranged by ITDC. We left around 1.30 PM, and reached Bangalore at 6.30 PM.
An amazing trip you should take if you are time constrained. How do you all visit Tirupathi? Do you feel the same disappointment that you are not even allowed a few seconds to see the Lord even when there isn’t any crowd? Share your thoughts.