Tuesday, April 22nd 2008 is celebrated as Earth Day. So, my daughter was asking me what I would be able to cook on this wonderful day; by using very less resources and something green. So, I took a look at the recipes I have posted here in my blog, and I do have tons of green dishes which are quick, simple and should definitely use less resources.
So, here comes the list in no particular order:
1. Cucumber Kosambari. No cooking, no baking, no heating, so you save a lot of resources.
2. Spinach Paratha. Involves little bit of grinding and cooking on the tava. But, if you just make whatever is required it is a good option for the Earth day.
3. Broad Beans vegetable. Involves pressure cooking or microwaving the vegetable, and just a minute or two for the final touch.
4. Spinach Delight. Same as above.
5. Mint Pulav. Involves lot of work, but you can prepare a large batch and use it for 2-3 days.
6. Spicy Lassi. You just need to grind for 2-3 minutes and your Lassi is ready for Earth Day.
7. Dal Me Dill. Yet another green dish, which is full of nutrients and also requires just pressure cooking.
8. Spiced Creamy Rice. If you already have leftover rice, you can prepare this creamy rice in no time and by not using any resources at all.
I just chose 8 of the most earth friendly dishes I have in my blog, there are many more, surf around and enjoy.
Share your thoughts and your recipes, drop a line and let me know what you did to Save Mother Earth.