It is really a challenge preparing a variety of dishes for Lunch to pack everyday. It is even more challenging to make it healthy. This pasta dish which I make is what everyone in my family loves to take for lunch; cause it is tasty, and healthy as well.
- Brightly colored bell peppers, green, red, orange or yellow, are rich sources of some of the best nutrients for vitamin C and vitamin A.
- For atherosclerosis and diabetic heart disease, peppers also contain vitamin B6 and folic acid.
- Red peppers are one of the few foods that contain lycopene.
So, here is what is required to make this:
- 1/2 box whole wheat pasta
- 2 capsicum or Bell Peppers- ( 1 and 1/2 green and 1/2 red)
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup Ragu pasta sauce
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta as mentioned in the instructions until soft. Keep 1/4 cup of pasta water before you drain.
- Drain and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat olive oil. Add crushed red pepper and also chopped capsicum as shown below.
4. Fry these for 4-5 minutes until the capsicum is soft.
5. Next, add pasta sauce and also the reserved water. As shown below.
6. Let it cook for 4-5 minutes.
7. Finally, add salt and freshly ground pepper and mix well. Than add the drained pasta and mix well.
- You can add onion or any other vegetable you like. My daughter doesn’t like onion in pasta, so I never add it.
- If you like cheese, you can add that also. I never do.