Mr. Venkatesh asked me how to make poori, and I replied saying that my Mom had a special recipe and I would post it soon. So, here comes my Mom’s Poori recipe.
- 2 cups Maida or All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup fine Sooji or Rave
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, mix together Maida and Rava.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Make a firm dough using warm water.
- Keep the dough covered for almost 3 hours.
- Next, take golf sized balls and roll into small circles.
- Let the pooris be a bit on the thick side, since the dough is made of Maida you can roll it our as thin as possible, but don’t do it.
- Finally, In a pan, heat oil on Medium heat. Drop poori and fry them until they are done on both side.
- Serve with Saagu or tomato chutney or hesaru bele thove or any other Palya.