It has been a long time since I posted anything here. It has become crazy busy at work, and I really didn’t have anytime to update the blog. Thanks for all those who kept emailing me about my whereabouts. Appreciate it so much.
So, here comes my favorite dal, my Mom used to make and I prepare almost regularly. Every time I visit the Indian Store, I get a bunch of Methi leaves. It costs less than $2. And I usually prepare either this Dal or Methi paratha, or Aloo Methi.
- 1 bunch Methi Leaves, washed and finely chopped.
- 1 cup Toor dal
- 4-5 tsp grated fresh coconut
- 2 tsp Jaggery
- For seasoning : Mustard seeds, Hing, Turmeric, Jeera, Red Chillies, curry leaves.
- Salt for seasoning, and 2 tsp oil
- Wash and finely chop the Methi leaves.
- Pressure cook the Toor Dal.
- In a pan, heat oil and add all the ingredients listed in seasoning.
- Next, add Methi leaves and let it cook for a few minutes until done
- Add the cooked dal, salt to taste, coconut, jaggery and let it boil for a few minutes.
- Serve with rice or chapathi.
P.S: If you want to serve with chapathi, and less water while cooking the dal.