Ms. Bhavana Damle has sent the recipe for Tender Mango Red Chatni (ಮಾವಿನಕಾಯಿ ಕೆಂಪು ಚಟ್ನಿ). Enjoy the spicy and hot chatni.
- 3 Medium size tender mangoes
- 20 Byadagi red chillies
- 1 cup Curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon Methi
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons jaggery powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 table spoon oil, ½ teaspoon mustard, ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, a pinch of hing powder, 2 springs curry leaves – for seasoning.
- Peel off the mangoes, remove the seed and grate them.
- Fry the chillies and cury leaves separately in a teaspoon of oil.
- Roast the methi (till brown) and mustard separately on low flame.
- Powder the chillies, methi and mustard.
- Now put all the items in mixer bowl. Add jaggery powder, salt and grind it. Do not add water.
- At last add the seasoning.
This chatni goes well with Jowar roti, Akki rotti, Ragi rotti, Dosa, Idli, Chapathi, Bread …….etc.
You can mix it with hot rice with a spoonful of ghee and satisfy your taste buds.