The second way of making the ಮಾವಿನಕಾಯಿ ಚಿತ್ರಾನ್ನ - Mavinakayi Chitranna. The first method has been posted here. This is quite simple.
This second method is quite tedious, but worth all the extra work. The taste is just amazing. It involved dry grinding and next wet grinding. Maybe if you can do it in one go, easy for you.
- Cooked rice ( made from 2 cups raw rice)
- 1/2 raw grated mango
- 7-8 red chillies
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 3-4 springs coriander leaves
- 5-6 tsp freshly grated coconut
- 5-6 tsp dry coconut powder
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp methi seeds
- 3 tsp oil, mustard seeds, jeera, urad dal, channa dal, haldi,peanuts, pinch of hing,
- Salt to taste.
- Cook the rice in your rice cooker or pressure cooker. Spread it on a plate and separate the grains.
- In a pan, heat oil. Fry Red chillies, curry leaves, methi seeds, mustrad seeds, and dry coconut.
- Grind this dry masala.
- Next, in a wet grinder, grind with very little water, grated mango, grated coconut, and the dry masala above.
- In a pan, heat oil. Than add mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal, hing, peanuts and haldi. Let the dals roast for a minute.
- Add the finely ground paste.
- Fry for a few more minutes.
- Now add the rice and gently mix all the ingredients. Add salt as well.
- Next, add coriander leaves. Let the heat be very low.
- Turn off the gas and serve.
- Serves 3 people.