Yesterday being Dwadashi, I prepared ಸೀಮೆಅಕ್ಕಿ ಪಾಯಸ – Sabhudana Kheer. I never liked any sweet dish prepared with Milk when I was young. Never even tried eating it. So, this was the very first time I prepared ಸೀಮೆಅಕ್ಕಿ ಪಾಯಸ – Sabhudana Kheer and it was yummy and delicious. You can completely make it a vegan dish by using Almond Milk and any non-flavored oil.
You see three bowls since our daughter is home for Christmas break. However, she ate 1 spoon and said she didn’t like the ಸೀಮೆಅಕ್ಕಿ ಪಾಯಸ – Sabhudana Kheer. We finished her share also.
- 1 cup ಸೀಮೆಅಕ್ಕಿ – Sabhudana
- 2 cups milk or almond milk
- 1 and 1/2 cup Sugar
- Dry fruits like Raising, Pistachios, Almonds, Cardamom
- Finely ground cardamom seeds
- 2 tsp Ghee or any non-flavored oil
- 2-3 strands Kesari – Saffron soaked in warm milk
- Wash and soak ಸೀಮೆಅಕ್ಕಿ – Sabhudana.
- If you don’t have time, you can microwave the soaked ಸೀಮೆಅಕ್ಕಿ – Sabhudana for 2-3 minutes
- Keep it aside for an hour so the ಸೀಮೆಅಕ್ಕಿ – Sabhudana is soft to the touch
- If you wish, you can pressure cook the ಸೀಮೆಅಕ್ಕಿ – Sabhudana.
- I cooked it on stove top with 2 cups of milk.
- When the ಸೀಮೆಅಕ್ಕಿ – Sabhudana is soft, add sugar. Let it boil for 10-15 minutes
- Add soaked saffron
- Fry all the dry fruits in another pan and add to the cooked ಸೀಮೆಅಕ್ಕಿ – Sabhudana
- Finally, add Finely ground cardamom seeds
- Serve warm or cold.