I have posted several recipes of Sprouted Moong beans or Hesary Kalu. This is the variation I usually prepare on Thursday night for dinner.
- 3 cups bean spouts cooked for 1 whistle in the pressure cooker.
- 5 green chillies.
- 2 chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Potatoes, washed, peeled and cooked
- 6 curry leaves.
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 5 tsp finely chopped cilantro.
- 2 tsp Oil, 1 tsp mustard seeds, pinch of hing, 1 tsp Haldi for seasoning.
- Salt to taste.
- 2 tsp lemon juice.
- Pressure cook for one whistle the sprouts.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds, hing, curry leaves, red chilli powder and haldi.
- Add the tomatoes and allow it to cook.
- Add the boiled and cooked potatoes.
- Next, add the cooked sprouts.
- Mix well.
- Add salt, cilantro and lemon juice.
- Mix well and keep stirring for a few minutes.
- Serves for 4 people
Here is a link for other variations: