There are many ways on how to prepare Nucchina Unde. I wanted to do something quick and easy. So, I try to come up with things which speed up my cooking, since I hardly have anytime these days for cooking. As I was preparing this, my Daughter clicked all the pictures for me, since the schools are closed. So, here comes the recipe for Nucchina Unde the easiest you can ever make. I used a combination of both Channa dal and Toor dal. In the typical Nucchina Unde recipe, you will however see just Toor dal.
- 1 and 1/2 cups Channa dal
- 1 cup Toor dal
- 1/4 bunch corainder leaves
- 10 curry leaves
- Green chillies to taste
- 3 tsp fresh coconut – grated
- 1/2 inch ginger – grated
- Hing to taste
- Salt to taste
- Soak both the dals in water for at least 4 hours. Later, drain the water as shown below.
- Grind in a blender all the ingredients as listed above along with the drained dals.
- Don’t add any water at all. Just for a change I didn’t add Haldi, you can do so and see a little bit yellowish colored Nucchina Unde.
- As my Daughter said, it looks like Ambode mixture. And she tasted it and said it tastes like that as well. I never taste anything while cooking, so no idea if they taste the same. If you do try this recipe, and taste it, let me know. 🙂
- Now grease a flat stell vessel lightly, make oval shaped balls and steam in a pressure cooker for 15-20 minutes until they are done.
- Serve with Majjige Huli or Khadi. I came up with another quick and easy way of preparing Majjige Huli or Khadi as my daughter kept saying it was. Stay tuned for the next post.