I called it Majjige Huli, My husdand said it tasted like Kadhi, my daughter said it was some kind of sauce eaten with Nicchina Unde. So, finally I decided I will say this is Kadhi Madhwa Style since it has the basic ingredients we use for Majji Huli minus the vegetables.
This was the majjige Huli or Kadhi I prepared with Nucchina Unde which I posted in my previous post. It took less than 15 minutes to prepare this. The traditional Madhwa recipe I have takes a little longer. I am not sure if I have posted that one, if not, I sure will do post the recipe for that one as well. The traditional one usually has either cucumber or pumpkin vegetable. This one doesn’t have anything. So, here comes the recipe for the same.
- 2 cups yoghurt
- 2 cups water
- 4 tsp besan
- 3 green chillies slit
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 2 tsp Ginger grated
- I/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Jeera
- Haldi, and hing to color and taste
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- In a blender, grind together yoghurt, water, besan and ginger. Make sure there are no lumps from the besan.
- Next, in a vessel, heat oil and add mustard seeds, jeera, green chillies, hing, haldi and curry leaves as shown below.
- Next, add the ground yoghurt with the besan mixture as shown below.
- Let it boil on sim on the gas stove for a few minutes. At this point, the Majjige huli becomes thick. As shown below:
- Serve with Nucchina Unde or Rice. Enjoy.