This is yet another authentic madhwa recipe prepared during all occasions in Madhwa houses as well as in temples. The recipes requires very simple and basic ingredient, the only thing I have added in here is capsicum, I have seen many cooks in Bangalore add to make this rice.
The next change in this recipe is instead of using normal long gran rice, I used basmati rice. So, the grains look separated.
Shravana Masa starts tomorrow, so we need many dishes which don’t include things which we are not supposed to eat. So, here comes this quick and easy rice recipe.
- 2 cups rice
- 1 capsicum chopped length wise
- 4 green chillies slit length wise
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 3-4 springs coriander leaves
- 1 inch ginger finely grated
- 5-6 tsp freshly grated coconut
- 3 tsp oil, mustard seeds, urad dal. channa dal, haldi, pinch of hing,
- Salt to taste, lemon juice to taste.
- Cook the rice in your rice cooker or pressure cooker. Spread it on a plate and separate the grains.
- In a pan, heat oil. Than add mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal, hing and haldi. Let the dals roast for a minute.
- Next, add green chillies, curry leaves and fry for a few minutes.
- Microwave your capsicum for 2 minutes. Let it still have a little bit of crunch in it.
- Add this along with the ginger to the pan and fry for a few more minutes.
- Now add the rice and gently mix all the ingredients. Add salt as well.
- Next, add the coconut, and coriander leaves. Let the heat be very low.
- Turn off the gas and add lemon juice and serve.
Another look at Madwa Style Chitranna.