Who doesn’t like Rave Unde made out of pure ghee right? I never use ghee in any of my cooking, but when preparing this sweet dish for Lord Krishna during Janmasthami, I could not deny ghee for the Lord. I prepared Ghee with 3 sticks of unsalted butter, and made Rave Unde and Besan Unde; used just 1/2 of the ghee. Anyway, here comes the recipe for quick and easy Rave Unde. Just remember, I did this for the first time, and the you can see the results in the above picture. It was very tasty too.
- 1 cup fine Rava or Sooji
- 1 cup powdered Sugar
- 9-10 cloves
- 1/4 cup of Raisins and cashew nuts
- Cardamom or Elaichi Powder to taste
- less than 1/4 cup Ghee
- Put the Ghee in a thick bottom pan.
- Next, when the ghee is hot enough, add raisins, cashew nuts, and cloves and fry on medium heat until the raisins plump. They almost become double of their size.
- Next, in the same pan, along with the raisins, nuts and cloves fry the Sooji also on medium heat until a nice aroma comes. Just like you do for Kesari Bath.
- Make sure the Sooji doesn’t get burned or change color.
- This might take around 15-20 minutes of frying.
- Next, add the powdered sugar and ground cardamom powder and mix all these well.
- When the mixture is cool to handle, sprinkle a few drops of Milk and make Ladoo
Another look at the yummuy laddos offered to the Lord.