My Daughter likes Besan Laddoo a lot. Whenever my Mom asks what she wants when some one from Bangalore is coming here, the first thing she says is ” Ajji, I want Besan Unde”. And, my Mom makes the most delicious besan laddoos as well. I was a bit hesitant to make this since I wasn’t sure if it will turn out the same as my Mom does, but I got a certificate from my Daughter saying ” Amma, this tastes exactly like how Ajji does”. So, here comes the recipe for Besan Laddoo I prepared for Janmasthami. Almost similar to Rava Laddoo.
- 1 and 1/2 cups Besan or Kadale Hittu
- 1 and 1/4 cup powdered Sugar
- 9-10 cloves
- 1/4 cup of Raisins and cashew nuts
- Cardamom or Elaichi Powder to taste
- l/4 cup Ghee
- Put the Ghee in a thick bottom pan.
- Next, when the ghee is hot enough, add raisins, cashew nuts, and cloves and fry on medium heat until the raisins plump. They almost become double of their size.
- Next, in the same pan, along with the raisins, nuts and cloves fry the Besan also on medium heat until a nice aroma comes. Since there is too much Ghee, the besan is all together.
- Make sure the Besan doesn’t get burned.
- It changes color slowly.This might take around 15-20 minutes of frying.
- Next, add the powdered sugar and ground cardamom powder and mix all these well.
- When the mixture is cool to handle,make Ladoos
Another look at the mouth watering laddos offered to the Lord.