We all know Lord Ganesha loves kadabu and modakas. It is customary to prepare 21 kadabus and offer it to him during Ganesha Chaturthi. So, here comes the recipe for the kadabu which I prepared this year. It is quick and easy and crunchy as well. I also prepare kadabu with fresh coconut called “Kayi Kadabu”. The recipe will be posted soon in the blog.
Ingredients for the filling:
- 1 cup dry coconut
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup Dhalia or Hurigadale or Putani
- 5 cardamom
Ingredients for the dough:
- 2 cups all purpose flour or maida
- 1/4 cup fine sooji or Rave or Rava
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp oil
- Grind in your blender all the ingredients listed in the filling into a fine powder.
- This is the dry powder we will use for the filling.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients listed in the dough; except oil.
- Heat oil and add it to the dough.
- Mix all of them again, make sure the oil is mixed well with the flour.
- Add water and make a dough.
- Keep it aside for an hour.
- Now roll the dough into circles, like poori. These pooris should be as thin as possible. Since it is maida flour, it stretches a lot.
- Fill the filling, fold the edges and seal by applying water and closing them tightly.
- Fry them on medium heat in oil.