I have been traveling for work almost every week since December 2008, and coming back home only for weekends. During these weekends, cooking becomes my first priority. Even now, I am sitting at my hotel room in California and giving this draft final touches. Anyway, everyone who tastes Majjige Huli at my place, just loves it. And, they of course don’t forget to get the recipe either. So, here comes the recipe for all my online family and friends or extended family like Amitabh Bachchan says.
- 5 tsp Channa dal or Kadale bele soaked in water
- 10 green chillies
- 3 sprigs cilantro
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Jeera
- 1 inch ginger -grated
- 6 tsp freshly grated coconut
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1 cup water
- Vegetables like cucumber, pumpkin, celery 1 cup and cooked
- Or 10-12 ambode
- 2 tsp oil, mustard seeds, haldi, hing.
- Drain the channa dal, and grind all the ingredients mentioned in the above list from 1-8. Keep aside.
- In the same grinder, now grind yogurt and water.
- Boil the vegetables like cucumber or pumpkin or celery. If you want to use Ambode, than fry them and keep aside. Ambode recipe is also in this blog.
- In a vessel, heat oil. Add mustard seeds, jeera, hing and haldi.
- Next, add the boiled vegetables and cook just for 1-2 minutes. Skip this step if you are using Ambode.
- Turn down the heat to low and now add the ground mixture. When it boils add the yogurt and mix well.
- If you are using ambode, mix it with the Majjige huli now and turn off the heat.
- Serve with rice.
P.S: If the Majjige Huli becomes too thick, you can add water to thin it out. Here are links for