My mom makes the most amazing Kadale Bele Chutney ಕಡಲೆ ಬೆಲೆ ಚಟ್ನಿ. She prepared this during her recent visit to US. We had this with Dosa, Idli and many times with Chapathi and Rice also.
- Kadale bele(Channa Dal) 1 Cup
- Dessicated Coconut (Dry Coconut 1/2 cup)
- Whole Red Chilies 6-7
- Curry Leaves 2 Sprigs
- Tamarind pulp 2 Teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Jaggery 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil 1 Teaspoon
- Mustard 1 teaspoon
- Asafetida 1 Pinch
- Roast kadale bele and red chillies, curry leaves on low flame till it turns little golden red.
- Let it cool for a few minutes
- Grind coconut, roasted kadale bele, curry leaves, tamarind pulp, salt , jaggery by adding little water.
- In a pan add oil once its hot add mustard and asafetida
- Garnish the chutney with the above Vaggarane
- Enjoy the chutney with Dosa, or Rice.