My Daughter and Husband love Kobbari Mithai. I used to prepare this very frequently in my early years of marriage in Bangalore. However, once we moved to the US, I stopped bringing Coconut quite often expect for festivals. This year, on Krishna Janmasthami I decided to prepare Kobbari Mithai for our Littlest guest Lord Krishna. It is quite easy to make and takes less than 20 minutes and requires just 4 ingredients. Quick, and tasty easy is what I like about this.
1. 2 cups grated coconut, or frozen coconut
2. 1 and 1/4 cup suger
3. 3-4 crushed cardamoms
4. 2 tsp ghee
1. Mix the grated coconut and sugar and keep aside for a few minutes.
2. Take a very thick bottom pan, put this mixture and on a medium heat, keep stirring this for close to 18-20 minutes.
3. The mixture starts to thicken and leaves the sides on the pan. Add crushed cardamom at this point.
4. Grease a plate, and apply ghee. Pour this mixture and tap it with a spatula so the mixture is evenly spread
5. Cut into desired shape.
P.S: While grating the coconut make sure you don’t use the black portion. This will give you a white Coconut Burfi. Enjoy.