As promised here is a quick and easy recipe for Chakkali which I prepared for Sree Krishna Janmasthami. An earlier version posted can be found here:
This recipe is even more simpler, and we almost always have all the ingredients at hand.
So, here are the ingredients:
1. 1 cup rice flour
2. 3-4 tsp urad dal flour
3. 2-3 tsp melted Butter
4. 1 tsp Jeera, 1 tsp sesame seeds, 1/4 tsp Hing
5. Salt to taste, Oil for frying.
1. Mix the Rice flour, Urad dal flour, melted butter, salt, Jeera, sesame seeds and hing. Add enough water to make a tough and smooth dough.
2.Heat enough oil for frying in a deep pan on medium low heat.
3. With the chakkali horalu drop the mix directly in the hot oil and deep fry it.
4. You can also make chakkalli on a plate, and later drop each one into hot oil.
5. Fry on medium heat, so the inside is also cooked.
6. Take out on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
That’s as easy as it gets. A few simple ingredients and crunchy and yummy chakkali is ready to be eaten.
Now that the Ganesha Festival is fast approaching, try it before and make this for our Lord Ganesha as well.