Another recipe from Ms. Bhavana Damle.
These chillies may not be available everywhere. So, you can use any type of less hot but sleek chillies.
- ½ kg Green Chillies (kaddi menainakayi)
- 5 -6 fresh lemons
- 1 tea spoon Methi
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- 2-3 teaspoon table salt
- 1 table spoon oil, 1 teaspoon mustard, ½ teaspoon turmeric, a pinch of Hing powder – for seasoning
- Wipe the chillies with a soft cloth. Cut them into pieces of 1 inch.
- Add salt and lemon juice, stir well and keep them for a day.
- Roast the Methi (till brown) and mustard separately and powder them.
- Add the powder and seasoning to the chillies, stir well.
- Fill it in a tight lid bottle and keep in the refrigerator.
- You can also add a tablespoon of grated ginger to this (while adding salt and lemon)
This pickle can be relished with Rotti, Talipittu, Uppittu, Curd rice …etc.