Ms. Bhavana Damle has sent some recipes for the weekend. Attached is the recipe for Cucumber Rotti (ಸೌತೆಕಾಯಿ ರೊಟ್ಟಿ). Enjoy. Thanks, Bhavana.
- 1 cucumber (grated)
- 2 cups Jowar flour
- 1 /2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 table spoon curd
- Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a basin to make it a soft dough. If you find it dry add a little more grated cucumber but strictly no water. Keep it closed for 5-10 minutes.
- Now, apply a teaspoon oil to tava , take a ball of the dough, pat and spread it on the tava.
- Cook it on a medium flame with a lid. Then turn it and cook the other side too on a low flame.
- Enjoy the delicious Cucumber rotti with Chatnipudi and Curd.
P.S: Instead of jowar flour, you can use rice or ragi flour. Instead of cucumber, you can use grated Mangaluru Southekaayi. The vegetables we add give different flavors to the rotti.