Yet another weekend recipe by Ms. Bhavana Damle. Thanks again, Bhavana.
Instant Green Chatnipudi (ಹಸಿ ಚಟ್ನಿಪುಡಿ)
- 1 cup grated dry coconut
- 2 table spoons Hurigadale (putani)
- 3 green chillies
- 5 springs Curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon tamarind powder / tamarind pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- A pinch of sugar
Grind all the above items together and make a coarse powder.
This chatnipudi with curd is our favorite with akki rotti, jolada rotti and ragi rotti.
If you want to preserve this for long time , fry the dry coconut, green chillies and curry leaves before grinding. However, without frying also you can preserve it by keeping in the refrigerator.
- 3 big size Capsicums
- 2 table spoons ground nuts
- 1 /2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder
- 1 small Lemon
- A pinch of Sugar
- 1 table spoon oil,
- 1 teaspoon mustard,
- 1 teaspoon Urad dal,
- 2 springs of Curry leaves
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Cut the capsicum into small pieces.
- Roast the groundnuts, remove skin and make coarse powder.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard, urad dal, curry leaves and turmeric.
- Then add the capsicum, sprinkle a little water, mix well and keep it on low flame with closed lid .
- When it is half cooked add salt, mix well and cook it till soft.
- Now add chilly powder, groundnut powder, lemon juice, sugar and mix well.
- Turn of the stove and keep it closed for 5 minutes.
This sabji goes well with chapathi, poori and jolada rotti. This can be preserved for a day and very useful in journey.