Ms. Bhavana Damle has sent the recipes for Aloo Rasbhaaji and Radish Sabji. Below are the recipes for both of them. Thanks so much, Bhavana.
- 6 medium size potatoes
- 2 onions
- 1 tomato
- ½ teaspoon Dhania
- 2-3 byadagi chillies
- ½ cup grated fresh coconut
- 1 tea spoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon tamarind juice (approximate)
- 4 teaspoon oil
- Mustard, curry leaves and turmeric powder for seasoning
- Boil potatoes, remove skin and cut/ mash them to pieces.
- Cut onions and tomato, fry them in a teaspoon of oil with dhania and byadagi chillies.
- Grind it with grated coconut to a fine paste.
- Heat a kadai,add oil, mustard, cuurry leaves, turmeric powder to make seasoning.
- Now add the ground paste. Add a cup of water , tamarind juice and salt. Let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the potato pieces mix well and keep it on a low flame with lid closed for a minute.
Aloo Rasbhaaji is a very good combination with chapathi and poori.
- 4 radish
- 1 onion
- 5 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon tamarind powder
- ½ tea spoon chilly powder
- 1 table spoon grated fresh coconut ( optional)
- Chopped corriondar leaves
- 3 teaspoons oil
- Mustard, urad dal and turmeric powder for seasoning
- Heat a kadai, add mustard, urad dal, turmeric powder, curry leaves and onion one after one .
- Now add the grated radish mix well , sprinkle a little water close lid and keep on low flame .
- When the radish is half cooked add salt, chilly powder and tamarind powder .
- Again cook till soft with lid closed.
- Add grated coconut and chopped coriander
This goes well with chapati/roti as well as rice.