ಮೆಂತ್ಯ ಸೊಪ್ಪಿನ ಬಾತ್ – Methi Vegetable Rice is an all time favorite at my place. Everyone in the family just loves this rice dish. It is quick, easy and can be prepared for any festival.
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 1 whole bunch Methi leaves, washed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup french beans, and a fistful of green peas
- 1 big piece of Ginger
- For seasoning: Oil, mustard seeds, Hing, Turmeric
- 3 tsp Vegetable Bath Powder ( Vangibath Powder)
- For garnishing : Cilantro, and some lemon juice
- Wash the rice and cook the rice. Make sure it is fluffy.
- Microwave the beans and peas so they are cooked, but still have a crunch.
- In a pan, add oil and all the ingredients for seasoning.
- Now, add the methi leaves and fry them until they are cooked. Add the grated ginger as well.
- Add the cooked vegetables.
- Mix them and make sure they are all cooked.
- Now, add salt to taste, and the Vangibath Powder and mix well.
- Add rice and season with cilantro and lemon juice.
- Serve with any Raita.
P.S: You can use other vegetables also like Potatoes, Capsicum, Brinjal and carrots. For this one, I liked to use the green vegetables. So, mix and match any vegetables you like. No onion and garlic please. It takes over the wonderful smell of methi and other vegetables. One such variation with the same recipe but different vegetables like Potatoes, Capsicum, French Beans, Corn, Peas and carrots is shown below.