A payasa I quite often prepare. It is quite healthy when compared to other sweet dishes. Quite easy, and require few ingredients.
- Broken Wheat – 2 cups
- Powdered Jaggery – 1 and 1/2 cups
- Raisins, Cashews, and Almonds – handfull
- 2 tsp dry coconut powder
- Crushed cardamom
- 2 tsp ghee or Oil
- Roast the broken wheat in 1 tsp ghee or oil until a nice aroma comes.
- Add 2 cups water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Next, in a pan add the remaining 1 tsp ghee or oil and fry the raisins and nuts. and coconut.
- Add the cooked broken wheat, jaggery and let it boil.
- Adjust the consistency by adding more water or milk.
- When the Jaggery has completely melted, add cardamom and switch off the stove