The last two weeks have been crazy busy. With work, festivals, daughters visit, it was two weeks I didn’t realize how it went by. Anyway, back to normal this weekend.
So, last Saturday Sneha was doing her homework, and my Husband and I were watching BNP Paribas Open. We are crazy tennis fans, especially me. It was cold, and we wanted to have something spicy and crunchy. I saw in the Fridge was Puff Pastry Dough. So, I immediately had this great idea to prepare Vegetable Puff. If you eat this Puff, you will not miss Bangalore.🙂
Quick, easy, and has no onion or garlic. So, I can say it is Madwa recipe no? Just kidding.
Anyway, below is the ingredient list and the recipe itself. Enjoy. More and more delicious posts coming this weekend.
- 1 package Puff Pastry
- 3 potatoes washed, boiled, and grated (yes, that’s the trick)
- 1/4 cup frozen or fresh peas
- 1 red and green capsicum finely chopped and microwaved
- Green chillies to taste
- Ginger to taste
- Salt to taste
- Few fresh coriander leaves
- Oil, jeera, hing and mustard seeds
- 2 tsp milk
- Thaw the Puff Pastry as per directions.
- Cut them to any size you like. Mine are all sizes and shapes.
- Heat a pan, add oil. When it is hot, mustard seeds, jeera, hing, grated ginger, green chillies, peas, microwaved capsicum, and potatoes.
- Add salt, and finally fresh coriander leaves.
- Keep this aside until cool.
- Now, fill the pastry sheets and shape them anyway you wish.
- Preheat the oven to 375-400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush milk on top of each puff to get the golden color.
- Place these Puffs until golden brown.
- Eat them as is, no need for anything.
P.S: Let me tell you a secret. In a few of those puffs I put Kissan Jam, thought it would be so yummy to eat Sweet and Savory. The ones filled with Jam overflowed the Oven and made a mess. Learnt a lesson not to try new tricks.🙂