You asked and here it is, recipe for red and green capsicum bonda. It is cruncy, spicy and fried. What better can you ask, right?
- 1 cup gram flour or besan
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- A pinch of asafoetida or hing
- A pinch of baking soda (optional, I never use it)
- A pinch of Turmeric or haldi powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Red and green capsicum sliced lengthwise
- Chop the capsicum lengthwise.
- Put the gram four in a bowl.
- Mix the red chilli powder, turmeric, hing, and salt.
- If you are using baking soda, mix it as well.
- Slowly add water, mixing simultaneously with a spoon until you get a smooth batter of medium thickness.
- It should be able to stick to the capsicum.
- Put oil in a pan and set over medium heat. When the oil is medium hot, dip the capsicum in the batter and drop them in the oil, one by one.
- Fry both sides until the fritters turn crisp and golden.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove fritters and drain the excess oil on kitchen paper. Server hot.