Like I mentioned in my earlier post, during any special occasion in our Madhwa houses, we are supposed to make 2 Kosambaris. One from Channa dal or kadale bele, and the other from Split Moong Dal or Hesaru bele. In our family what we do instead of making 2 Kosambari’s is to mix a tsp of Channa dal or Kadale bele to the Hesaru Bele Kosambari.
This time, I actually prepared two Kosambaris for Ugadi, so I could take a picture and later mixed them.🙂
So, here comes the recipe for the Channa Dal Kosambari:
- Channa dal or Kadale bele soaked in water for 3-4 hours
- 1 Cucumber finely chopped, remove the seeds
- Cilantro finely chopped – optional
- 6 tsp fresh Coconut, finely grated
- Lemon Juice to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil, mustard seeds, pinch of hing and 2-3 finely chopped green chillies for seasoning.
- Drain the water from the soaked dal.
- Make sure there isn’t any water at all.
- Now mix Cucumber, Coconut, Cilantro, Salt and Lemon Juice.
- In a small pan, heat oil, add mustard seeds, hing and green chillies.
- Mix it with the Kosambari and serve.
P.S: Moong Dal Kosambari