Ms. Shubha Satish who is a regular visitor and a contributor has sent the slokas and pooja procedure for Marriage and Children. Ms. Shubha says “Finally, I have tried to list some more shlokas & poojas for marriage & children. These poojas were actually passed on some generations and some are from word of mouth. I will be happy if our readers can benefit from this.”
Thanks so much, Shubha. I am sure many will benefit from these amazing slokas.
If you have any doubts about any of these, please find the same slokas in our Ontikoppal panchanga and Uttaradi Mutt panchanga.
Shlokas 1 and 2:- These two shlokas are for Shani peeda parihara. For this every Saturday, do pradakshina namskara for Ashwath vruksha (Peepal/arali mara). This is done in count of 7, 12, 24, 48 or 108.
** Pradakshina namskara for Ashwath vruksha should not be done in evenings and on Sundays.
Shloka 1:- Chant this shloka and perform pradakshina namaskara to the Ashwath vruksha for early marriage.
Shlokas 1 and 3:- If you find a shami vruksha beside arali mara, it is said to very good. Chant shlokas 1 and 3 while doing pradakshina namaskara for both of it together. This is done since the both the trees are considered as a couple and hence for marriage.
Shloka 4:– This shloka is for begetting a child.
Shloka 5:- This shloka is for safe & easy delivery of baby and mother.
The poojas mentioned in 2, 3 and 4 are exclusively for women.
1) Most important, is the pooja of the family deity, either at your home or visiting temples and kshetras.
2) Hosilu pooje: – Every morning, clean the hosilu with kemmanu, put rangoli in front of the main entrance of the house and the prayer area/room. Then do pooja with arishina, kumkuma and gejje vastra for a count of 48 days.
3) Tulsi pooje and Gowri pooje: Daily
4) Lakshmi pooje: Light 1 each of ghee lamp and oil lamp for the Goddess Lakshmi at dawn or dusk in madi. Include Lakshmi ashtotthara in your pooja.
5) Thursdays: Hejje namaskara or namsaskara for Rayaru. If possible, have one meal and palahara at night.
6) Monday to Sunday: Each day it considered to be auspicious for certain Gods. Please do poojas or visit temples.
7) Recite Lakshmi Shobhane, Sri Srinivasa Kalyana, Sri Vishnu Sahasra Nama and Sri Madhwanama.
Attached below are the 5 Slokas in Kannada and Baraha English.
೧) ಮೂಲತೋ ಬ್ರಹ್ಮರೂಪಾಯ ಮಧ್ಯತೋ ವಿಷ್ಣುರೂಪಿಣೇ |
ಅಗ್ರತೋ ರುದ್ರರೂಪಾಯ ವೃಕ್ಷರಾಜಾಯ ತೇ ನಮಃ ||
೨) ಅಶ್ವತ್ಥ ಹುತಭುಕ್ ವ್ಯಾಸೋ ಗೋವಿಂದಸ್ಯ ಸದಾಶ್ರಯಃ |
ಅಶೇಷಂ ಹರ ಮೇ ಶೋಕಂ ವೃಕ್ಷರಾಜ ನಮೋಸ್ತುತೇ ||
೩) ಅಮಂಗಲಾನಾಂ ಶಮನೀಂ ಶಮನೀಂ ದುಷ್ಕ್ರತಸ್ಯ ಚ |
ದುಸ್ವಪ್ನನಾಶಿನೀಂ ಧನ್ಯಾಂ ಪ್ರಪದ್ಯೇಹಂ ಶಮೀಂ ಶುಭಾಮ್|
ಶಮಿ ಶಮಯ ಮೇ ಪಾಪಂ ಶಮಿ ಶತ್ರುವಿನಾಶಿನಿ |
ಅರ್ಜುನಸ್ಯ ಧನುರ್ಧಾರಿ ರಾಮಸ್ಯ ಪ್ರಿಯದರ್ಶಿನಿ ||
೪) ದೇವಕಿಸುತಗೋವಿಂದ ದೇವದೇವ(ವಾಸುದೇವ) ಜಗತ್ಪತೇ |
ದೇಹಿ ಮೇ ತನಯಂ ಕೃಷ್ಣ ತ್ವಾಮಹಂ ಶರಣಂ ಗತಃ ||
೫) ಹಿಮವತ್ಯುತ್ತರೇ ಪಾರ್ಶ್ವೇ ಸುರಸಾ ನಾಮ ಯಕ್ಷಿಣೀ |
ತಸ್ಯಾಃ ಸ್ಮರಣ ಮಾತ್ರೇಣ ವಿಶಲ್ಯಾ ಗರ್ಬಿಣೀ ಭವೇತ್ ||
1) moolatO brahmaroopAya madhyatO viShNuroopiNE |
agratO rudraroopAya vRukSharAjAya tE namaH ||
2) ashwattha hutaBuk vyAsO gOviMdasya sadAshrayaH |
ashEShaM hara mE shOkaM vRukSharAja namOstutE ||
3) amaMgalAnAM shamanIM shamanIM duShkratasya cha |
duswapnanAshinIM dhanyAM prapadyEhaM shamIM shubhAm|
shami shamaya mE paapaM shami shatruvinaashini |
arjunasya dhanurdhaari rAmasya priyadarshini ||
4) dEvakisutagOviMda dEvadEva(vAsudEva) jagatpatE |
dEhi mE tanayaM kRuShNa tvAmahaM sharaNaM gataH ||
5) himavatyuttarE pArshvE surasA nAma yakShiNI |
tasyAH smaraNa mAtrENa vishalyA garbiNI bhavEt ||