Carrots have been a constant food from my childhood. I didn’t like eating them raw when I was a kid. My Father and Sister ate it raw. I see my Husband and Daughter also eat them raw as soon as I cut them. It may have been one reason why my Father was able to withstand Macular Degenration also. He loves carrots, and it is one of the best medicines for our Eyes.
Most strict Madhwa household do not eat Carrots. A few in my close relatives also do not eat. Anyway, We eat carrots (not during festivals though) and take a look at the health benefits for the same.
Health Benefits from Carrots:
- It is one of the richest food in beta-carotene.
- The carotene has an antioxidant property which may reduce the risk of certain cancer and aging disease.
- Carrots help you have a healthy skin and a good night vision.
- Carrots are our intestines’ friends.
- This vegetable may boost your immune system and lower the risk of lung cancer.
- Carrots may lower blood cholesterol levels and increase the lactation.
Healthy Living Series Posts:
Carrot Recipes posted on this blog:
You can take a look at the food page and see many more recipes which have carrots in them:
Start using this wonder food in your daily food items like vegetable rices, sambar, raitas, and enjoy the benefit of a healthy living. As always, if you have any health issues, please consult your Doctor.
Enjoy, stay healthy and stay tuned for the next article.