The last time I brought garam masala powder from the store, it didn’t have any aroma at all. So, today while cooking Sprouted Green Gram Palya/Sabzi I decided to prepare the garam masala fresh at home. It was quite easy and took me just a few minutes. I searched lots of recipes and created my own version such that I could use it in all vegetables.
- 1/4 cup coriander seeds
- 1/4 cup cumin seeds
- Cardamom – 2 tblsp
- black pepper – 2 tblsp
- Cloves – 2 tblsp
- Fennel Seeds – 2 tblsp
- Cinnamon – 6 sticks
- Bay leaves – 2 large
- Black Cardamom – (optional)
- Roasted Nutmeg – (optional)
- Fry the ingredients on low heat
- When you get a nice aroma, switch off the stove
- Grind when cooled
- Strain and grind again to get a fine powder.
- Add 1-2 tsp to any vegetable you are cooking at the end.
The house smells so good, and the food just tastes delicious.