Stay tuned for several posts the next few days. After hectic travel the past 3 weeks, I have taken several days off from work. I needed this break really bad. Hope you will enjoy each and every post.
I had posted the recipe for Cabbage Palya sometime in 2012. It is quick, simple and can be done in minutes. The recipe for the same is posted here.
This second version of Cabbage Pudi Palya is also an amazing dish, and can be done in minutes. Anytime you wish not to use Coconut for health reasons, this Cabbage Pudi Palya comes to the rescue. You can serve this with Chapathi, Jolada Rotti, or simple plain rice also.
This Cabbage Pudi Palya requires the use of ವಾಂಗಿಭಾತ್ ಪುಡಿ – ಪಲ್ಯದ ಪುಡಿ – Vangibath Powder. The recipe for ವಾಂಗಿಭಾತ್ ಪುಡಿ – ಪಲ್ಯದ ಪುಡಿ – Vangibath Powder can be found here:
- 1 finely chopped cabbage
- 3 tsp ವಾಂಗಿಭಾತ್ ಪುಡಿ – ಪಲ್ಯದ ಪುಡಿ – Vangibath Powder
- finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp haldi or turmeric, 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, 1/2 tsp jeera, 5-6 curry leaves
- 2 tsp oil
- pinch of hing or Aasafotedia
- salt to taste
- Jaggery to taste
- In a microwave bowl, cook the cabbage.
- Next, in a pan, add the oil. When the oil is hot enough add the mustard seeds and jeera. When it starts spluttering all over your stove, add the haldi, hing and curry leaves.
- Next, add the cabbage, salt, ವಾಂಗಿಭಾತ್ ಪುಡಿ – ಪಲ್ಯದ ಪುಡಿ – Vangibath Powder.
- Fry for a few minutes until all of them get mixed well.
- Add jaggery to taste.
- Finally, add the finely chopped coriander leaves.
Serve with rice, chapathi or jolada roti. I had to make two vegetables since my Daughter Sneha doesn’t like Cabbage. So, Potato, capsicum palya for her.🙂