We had brought Bitter Gourd – Hagalakayi last week during our regular visit to the Indian Store. As always, I prepared
ಹಾಗಲಕಾಯಿ ಗೊಜ್ಜು – Bitter Gourd Gojju ( Not prepared during festivals).
I also decided to do a small experiment and prepare Bitter Gourd Fritters – Hagalakayi Bajji, as I had eaten these when I was in Dubai. It was tasty, bitter and yummy. So, enjoy the recipe for Bitter Gourd Fritters – Hagalakayi Bajji. I prepared simple Tomato Saaru -Rasam and this went well with it. Yummy Yum.
- 2 tsp Rice flour
- 2 tsp Gram flour
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- Pinch of Hing
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1 Bitter Gourd
- Wash and slice the bitter gourd into thin slices. See image above.
- To this slices, mix all the ingredients except for oil.
- Mix well with just a few drops of water.
- It has to stick to the bitter gourd.
- Heat oil, and on low heat fry these slices on low flame.
- These will turn crunchy.
- Serve with your favorite Rice and Saaru.