I have already given two variations I use to prepare . The first one is the traditional one, and the second my invention.
Can you guess how this 3 rd option if different from the first two? Did you read the title? Any guess?
You can see the two options posted earlier here in the link below:
Evaporated Milky Way ಶಾವಿಗೆ ಪಾಯಸ – Vermicelli Kheer:
- 1 cup ಶಾವಿಗೆ – Vermicelli
- 2 Cups 2% Milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 and 1/2 cup Sugar or to Taste
- Unflavored Oil – Or Ghee
- 3-4 Cloves, 10-15 sliced Almonds, raisins and crushed cardamom Powder.
- Fry the cloves, raisins, Almonds and ಶಾವಿಗೆ – Vermicelli in Oil/Ghee until it turns golden brown. I fry all of them together.
- Now, add 1/2 cup milk and let the ಶಾವಿಗೆ – Vermicelli cook until soft.
- When the ಶಾವಿಗೆ – Vermicelli is completely cooked, add sugar and the 1 can evaporated milk.
- Let it boil until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Finally, add crushed cardamom powder.
The evaporated milk gave the ಶಾವಿಗೆ ಪಾಯಸ – Vermicelli Kheer completely new taste the first time I prepared. Everyone in my family just loved it. I have been preparing it this Way for many months now. If you like experimenting with food, give it a try. It tastes heavenly.
P.S: This serves almost 20 people. I prepared ಶಾವಿಗೆ ಪಾಯಸ – Vermicelli Kheer this weekend for my Daughter Sneha’s graduation party. Everyone asked for the recipe and wanted to know the secret. And now the secret of Meera’s amazing delicious ಶಾವಿಗೆ ಪಾಯಸ – Vermicelli Kheer is out.🙂