It is sometimes tough to come up with a variety of food to prepare for each and every meal. Some days you just don’t have energy when all day you have been attending meetings and working.
Yesterday was one such day which was crazy busy. At night for dinner, looked at the pantry, and saw urad dal flour and rice flour. I thought to myself, why not make Instant dosa out of this. There was leftover sambar. Had no time to grind, and no matter what I do, it will not ferment in winter.
So, quick instant dosa was a super hit. No soaking, no grinding, no fermenting, and no cleaning the heavy wet grinder.
The dosa was soft, and crispy because of the baking soda. However, it becomes soggy if you don’t eat it immediately. Good to serve hot out of the skillet(tava) and eat immediately. So, make sure someone makes it for you.
I cheated and ate one with Ghee and Sugar today. The dosa batter had fermented as well. It brought back memories of my childhood. Don’t tell anyone…..
- 1 measure urad dal flour (available in all grocery stores)
- 2 and 1/2 measure rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder – Eno salt will also do
- salt to taste
- Mix the rice flour, urad dal flour, salt with enough water
- Beat well so there are no lumps
- If you wish, leave it overnight to ferment
- If not, add baking powder just before preparing dosas
- Serve with Chutney and Sambar.