Last week, Friday and Saturday I attended and spoke at the Women in Cyber Security Conference (WiCyS). The Conference took place in Atlanta, USA on March 27th and 28th. The main goals of the conference was:
- Security professionals worldwide are expected to increase to nearly 4.2 million by 2015.
- Women’s representation in this male-dominated field of security is alarmingly low.
- WiCyS expects to raise awareness about the importance and nature of cyber security career .
- Hopes to generate interest among students to consider cyber security as a viable and promising career option.
All of the keynote speakers were women in top positions in Cyber Security.
- Jenn Lesser Henley, Facebook
- Sherri Ramsay, CyberPoint
- Phyllis Schneck, Department of Homeland Security
- Angela Kay, Microsoft
I gave a Technical Presentation on “Know Your Enemy, and Yourself: Demystifying Threat Modeling”.
I was amazed to see so many women and young college girls attend the conference. This being just the second year of the conference there were 500 security professionals who attended. It was an interesting mix of students, professors and security professionals who attended.
I thought as this blog is growing, what a great idea it would be if you all as a Mother, Father, Husband, Sister could help your daughter, son, wife or sister to join this amazing profession. I am glad I was able to find the Job which is my passion, I work like crazy, never complain, except for the traffic when I go to work.
If you have anyone who is interested to join this profession, either here in the United States or in Bangalore, India leave a comment and send me your resume.
Yes, you read it correct. My Company Cigital has a branch in Bangalore, India.