For the greatest Lakshmi pooja, Sree VaraMahalakshmi I have practiced and learnt how to draw the Ashtadala Padma Rangoli – ಅಷ್ಟದಳ ಪದ್ಮ ರಂಗೋಲಿ. I have drawn this on my notebook so it is easy to practice and draw the same for the Festival on Friday. As soon as I have the picture drawn for the pooje, I will post that as well. Once you draw for the Festival, share with me the image.
- Draw one dot at the center.
- Four dots at four corners.
- The next set of 1, 3 and 1 as shown below.
- Now join dots 2,4 and 2.
Join 2,4, 2 a second time as shown below
Quick and easy.
One last time, lets recap the Rangoli.
- One dot at center
- Four dots at four corners
- Four dots in between these four corners. So, totally 8 corners
- Join 1,3 and back to 1 in two corners
- Join 2,4 and 2 in the second two corners