Shrikhand is a very popular Maharashtrian sweet dish. It is a very easy sweet dish made out of strained or hung yogurt. As you might have seen, it is very rare that I make any sweet dish. Today when I saw we had 1 box of plain yogurt and 1 box of Greek yogurt, I decided immediately to make this. I wanted to use Mangoes, but since we didn’t have it, and instead had pineapple decided to use that.
No cooking, no baking, no heating, just 4 simple and easy steps.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt or strained yogurt
- 3/4 cup finely granulated sugar – to your taste
- 3-4 rings of pineapple
- Cardamom for taste
- Pinch of saffron
- Beat the Greek yogurt
- Add sugar, and keep mixing
- When it is soft and fluffy, add pineapple slices, saffron, and cardamom
- Chill and serve
- Goes very well with Poori and so I made pooris with Shrikhand.
Here is the pictorial steps.