- 1 cup Cracked Wheat Thick Variety
- 4-5 green chillies
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 4-5 curry leaves finely chopped
- 3 tsp finely chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- sugar to taste
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp channa dal, 1 tsp urad dal, 1/2 tsp turmeric, pinch of hing for seasoning
- First, in a non stick pan or any deep vessel fry the cracked wheat continuously until it turns golden brown. Make sure it doesn’t burn out. Transfer this onto a plate.
- Next, add 2 tsp oil. When it is hot enough add all the seasoning ingredients one after another.
- Add green chillies and curry leaves also.
- Add the peas and bell peppers and 2 cups of water and cover.
- Let this boil until the peppers are cooked.
- Now add salt.
- Once this boils as well, slowly add the cracked wheat.
- While you are adding cracked wheat, make sure there are no lumps, so keep stirring continuously.
- It should look watery when you have added all the cracked wheat. See right side of the picture.
- Now, cover the vessel, and cook on slow fire for another 15-20 minutes, once the wheat is cooked, add finely chopped cilantro and lemon juice.
- Serve with chatnipudi and yogurt.
P.S: Use any vegetables you wish, no potatoes.