When you are on a low carb diet you do need some snacks to eat in between meals. I read at a few places about Roasted Chickpeas. Since we started the diet, we brought a big tin of chickpeas from Costco.
Half of the tin I made chickpeas usli. The remaining I decided to make this crunchy yummy roasted chickpeas.
- Drained and washed chickpeas – 2 cups
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Red chili Powder to taste
- Drain and wash the chickpeas. I brought the canned ones.
- Place it on a paper towel for 1/2 day so all water is evaporated
- In a bowl add Olive oil and coat the chickpeas.
- Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes in 400 degree F.
- Take out and once cooled, add salt and red chilli powder.
- Stays crunchy for weeks.
- Store in an airtight container.