It is very tough to be on a low carb diet and eat any Indian breakfast. Especially if you are working since you have no time to do all the grinding for any healthy options of Idli or Dosa where you can completely eliminate rice, use just dals.
It has been 2 and 1/2 weeks, yes it is 2 and 1/2 weeks since I started this low carb diet and I have lost close to 10 lbs. I feel really better, my clothes fit a little better, way more energized.
SO, everyday in the morning it is my Husband who makes a bowl of Oat meal. The first few days I added a tsp of honey, low fat milk, and slowly and steadily moved away and now not using either milk or honey.
- Steel cut Oats
- 5 Walnuts
- 5 Dates
- Almond Milk
- 5-7 any other nuts you have
- Finely chopped fruits
- Cook Oats as per instructions using 1/2 water and 1/2 milk or just Almond milk
- Add chopped walnuts and dates
- Eat immediately
- Add any other nuts or raisins you have in hand
- You can also add strawberries, blue berries, red berries, apples