This year Gowri Ganesha Festival is celebrated on September 4th Sunday and 5th Monday. For those of you in India, it is a national holiday. For us in USA, it is Labor day weekend so we have Monday holiday.
So, this post is to help all of you prep for this festival and get the blessings of Gowri and Ganesha.
Gowri Habba Preparation:
- Prep for all the pooja items like Haldi, Kumkum, Mantrakshate, Gejje Vastra.
- Make sure you have Rangoli, if you don’t have the dry powder, use Kundan Rangoli, a chalk and draw. If even that is not available, take some printouts and use them. I have used a combination of all of them as seen below. Draw small feet of Lord Ganesha from the front door.
- Make sure you have camphor, Agarbathi and also soaked cotton for Mangalaruthi.
- Buy all the ingredients required for the Maradha Bhagina. The two posts which have already been published are linked below:
- Buy fruits, Coconut, Banana leaves, Mango leaves, Betel leaves and nuts.
- Buy plenty of flowers.
- If you are performing Panchamruta abhisheka, buy all items required for that.
- A list of all food items which can be prepared is added at the end of this post.
Ganesha Habba Preparation:
- All pooja items as listed in Gowri Habba.
- In addition to all fruits, flowers get lots of garike and leaves for Lord Ganesha.
- The key food items made are 21 Modaka, 21 Kadabu and 21 Chakkali. Recipes listed all the way at the end.
- Offer Gejje Vastra. Usually fancy ones are offered here. 16 strings or some times 21 strings.
Food Items for Gowri Ganesha Festival:
Bonda – ಬೋಂಡ ಭಜ್ಜಿ Bhajji
ಸಿಹಿ ತಿಂಡಿಗಳು- Sweet Dishses