We all have eaten crunchy, paper like rava dosa. There are several posts on the web for Rava dosa. I changed the recipe for rava dosa quite a bit. Tried this twice at home and each time it was a super hit. So, here comes the recipe for Rava dosa. I was and am tired of eating Oats for breakfast every single day. So, this Sunday, it was Rava Dosa for a change. I see all recipes using All purpose Flour or Maida. I didn’t use it as you see in the ingredients list. It was crispy, it was delicious. This is a recipe for ages now.
Just a quick note, we don’t get super fine Rava here at least at my Indian grocery stores. I had brought a kilo of this from my last trip to India. Since there was some leftover batter, I made 2 dosas in the night also. It was still perfect.
- 1 cup super fine Rava
- 1/4 cup rice flour –
- 4 tsp urad dal flour
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Sieve Rava, rice flour and urad dal flour
- Add it to a bowl, mix salt and yogurt.
- Now add water and make sure it is of running consistency.
- Just before preparing dosa, I added baking powder. For the millionth time, I have no idea when to use baking soda vs powder. I always use them interchangeably.
- Now heat a Griddle or Tava and make dosa. Don’t spread the batter like you do for normal dosa. The thinner the batter, the crisp the dosa gets.
- We ate with Chatni Powder. Plain and simple.