It has been months since I prepared dosa. I wanted to make the most healthiest dosa and what better way than to use Sprouted Green Gram or Hesara Kalu.
I kept the batter for a week and it didn’t turn sour, came out perfect every time. I ate just 1 dosa each day. 🙂
To know how to best sprout green gram, read this post from a while ago.
- 3 cups sprouted green gram – Hesara Kalu
- 1/4 cup urad dal
- 1/2 cup channa dal
- 3 tsp Methi seeds
- 1/4 cup Brown rice
- Salt to taste
- Oil for preparing dosa
- Wash and Soak all the ingredients from 2-5 in water for 5-6 hours.
- I soak them before I go to work, around 7.00 AM in the morning.
- In the evening, grind the soaked ingredients in two batches with little water.
- I used my wet grinder and the batter was super smooth.
- Make sure the batter is very fine. Add salt to taste.
- I make dosas in the night without the batter being fermented. Make dosas as you do always. No change here
- Leave it outside so it ferments for making dosa the next day.
- Use very little oil, I usually use Olive Oil for making my Dosas.
- Enjoy with Chatni, or Saagu, or Potato Palya.
Link for other Dosas, Chutney and Saagu can be found here: