Sunday March 8th is our great gurugalu Sree Vadirajara Aaradhane. So, attached below are all the details required to get the blessings our Great Gurugalu Sree Vadirajaru.
Sree Vadirajara Brindavana in Sonda. Image courtesy: http://www.raghavendramutt.org.
Shri Vadiraja Thirtharu
Attached below is the prayer to say and get the blessing from Sree Vadirajaru
Tapo Vidya Virakthyadi
Hayagreeva dayasrayan !!
Important dates in March 2015 are as such:
March Important Dates
Ekadashi Upavasa – 1st March Sunday
Shri Vadiraja Aaradhane – 8-Mar Sunday
- Shri Vyasaraya Aaradhane – 10-Mar Tuesday
Ekadashi Upavasa – 16th March Monday
- Ugadi – Manmatha Nama Samvatsara – 21st March Saturday
Shri Rama Navami – 28th March Saturday
Ekadashi Upavasa – 31st March Tuesday
As always, please check your local calendar for exact dates.
Please find calendars for New Year 2015-2016 links below:
The Uttaradi Matha Panchanga 2015-2016 for Manmatha Nama Samvatsara in Languages such as Sanskrit, Kannada, Marathi and Telugu is posted below:
P.S: If you are aware of panchanga from any other mutt posted online, please post the link. I will include here.
I hope you all prayed to our beloved Rayaru on his birthday or Vardanthi as it is called. I am in Texas for work, and will be able to hopefully do seva when I get home for the weekend.
I did pray to our beloved Rayaru digitally. Will eat just fruits and nuts today and tomorrow.
An amazing picture of our beloved Rayaru from mantralaya web site, all credit to http://www.raghavendramutt.org/
Please check all pictures here:
Amazing pictures of Sri Rayaru’s Pattabhisheka at Mantralaya. Please take a look.
Today being Dwadashi and a holiday due to President’s day, and to top that a very cold windy and snowy day, my Husband asked me to make ಹೆಸರು ಬೇಳೆ ಪಾಯಸ – Moong Dal Payasa.
There was literally no milk at home, and I didn’t want to drive to the store. Opened the pantry and saw Coconut milk. So, replaced milk with coconut milk, added almost 1/2 cup chopped nuts. The ಹೆಸರು ಬೇಳೆ ಪಾಯಸ – Moong Dal Payasa was out of this world.
ಹೆಸರು ಬೇಳೆ ಪಾಯಸ – Moong Dal Payasa with coconut milk recipe below.
- 1 cup ಹೆಸರು ಬೇಳೆ – Moong Dal
- 1 and 1/2 cup ಬೆಲ್ಲ – Jaggery
- 4-5 tsp Fresh or Dry Coconut
- 1/ 2 cup Nuts of your choice
- Raisins, and Cardamom
- Oil or Ghee
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 4-5 Cloves (optional)
- Fry the ಹೆಸರು ಬೇಳೆ – Moong Dal in oil or ghee.
- I also fried the Raisins, cloves along with the ಹೆಸರು ಬೇಳೆ – Moong Dal.
- Add enough water and pressure cool for 2 whistles.
- The ಹೆಸರು ಬೇಳೆ – Moong Dal should still hold its shape and not be completely mushy.
- Once the pressure cools down, add Jaggery, coconut milk.
- Let it boil for a few minutes.
- Fry chopped nuts and add to the ಹೆಸರು ಬೇಳೆ ಪಾಯಸ – Moong Dal Payasa
- Finally, add cardamom.
- Serve hot or cold.
The usual recipe is posted here:
Today being holiday for President’s Day here in USA, I was looking at cleaning the refrigerator and the pantry. It might have been years since I have discarded any fruit or vegetable for not being able to cook. Thought of posting some useful tips for eating more fruits and vegetables.
We hear it day in and day out that we need to incorporate 5 servings of fruits and vegetables everyday. I follow this rule religiously everyday except for Ekadashi day. So, here is some easy ways to incorporate lots of fruits and vegetables.
- If you make Upma for breakfast, use two cups of vegetables to 1 cup of Sooji/Rava. I use 2-3 kinds of vegetables together while making Upma. Green pepper, Peas, cabbage, potatoes.
- While making Poha/Avalakki, use again green pepper, peas, carrots and potatoes.
- Sambar – With spinach use carrot, and beans. Use Chayote, beans and carrots another variation. Spinach, sprouted beans, potatoes, carrot and beans. Mix and match 3-4 vegetables to make sambar.
- Serve fruit salad in the night with several fruits. We usually eat 3-4 times a night – Banana, Apple, Pineapple, Peach, Plum. Use pomegranate, orange as optional fruits when available.
- At least 2-3 times a month, I make Moong Dal Kosambari with carrot and cucumber.
- Every time I make chapathi and vegetable bath, I make Raita. Raita almost includes carrot, tomato, cucumber and sometimes onion. Make Saagu, it has several vegetables you can use.
- When you make vegetable bath I use several vegetables like all color capsicum, beans, peas, potatoes, methi leaves, carrot.
- What better way to eat more fruits than Smoothie. Many variations possible here also, Banana, apple, strawberries, blue berries, pineapple, peach, and many more. ( updated based on comment from Mithra Bindu)
If you have a creative mind, you can definitely include 4-5 fruits and vegetable in a day.
Look at the food section on the right for many more ideas:
Share your thoughts on how you incorporate more fruits and vegetables in your day to day cooking.
Happy valentines day everyone!! There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than an amazing family and true friends.
Have a great day, and wish your loved ones. Tell them you love them!!!
And in case you are wondering, I will wish our Beloved Rayaru also.